Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Be thankful.

Just as I thought my life sucks big time, I realised I was wrong....

At least I have my family, my friends, my teachers.... I'm counted to be fortunate but I chose to compare myself with other people who have more than I do, and it only made myself more upset. Now I question myself.... Why do I even compare myself with others??

There are kids out there who lost their parents maybe because of illness, maybe because of a horrible car accident, maybe because they got murdered? There are kids out there who only have 1 meal every day, and their meal could be just plain porridge and peanuts, and they don't have the best quality of drink either. And here I am, complaining about how terrible my life is. I ought to be ashamed of myself.

Today, I felt really guilty. In life, we have no idea what will happen in the next second, we have no idea when we'll be gone for good. And I just suddenly feel really sad that eventually, everyone got to leave this world. Just the thought of my loved ones leaving me is really so hurting, not to mention in the future. And I know that I got to show my love for the people I love every single day, every possible time I'm able to.

Really don't give a shit about your ego. If you love somebody, tell them. You don't have to wait for the right time, because the right time will never be right. TIME DOES NOT MATTER.

I've read a story about this couple....

He loves her. And she loves him too.

He thought she doesn't like him, and she thought he didn't like her.

So they both never had the courage to confess, thinking that what if she thinks I'm a freak? what if he thinks I'm a freak?

Just like that, love slipped past them and a couple of years later, they each found a partner and got married. 

But his marriage didn't work, and her marriage didn't work either.

Eventually he divorced his wife, and she divorced her husband.

After many years, one fine day, he was at the place where they both always hang out at, and she was there too. They went to a cafe and chat.

And that was when they found out that he loved her, and she loved him. And they still do.

But the next day, he got killed in an accident and she died, emotionally.

I know it's a pretty cliche story but my point here is what for waste so many years of your life only to find out the truth? Why not know the truth earlier, and get to spend more time with your loved ones?

Definitely, actions speak louder than words.

Do something for your loved ones.

It doesn't have to be something big, something major.

Something small, something tiny, something simple will do.

A hug? A 'I love you'? A simple 'thank you' also work wonders at time.

Just try, it doesn't harm.

Live everyday like it's your last.
Leave no regrets behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment